BirdChain – dApp that rewards through the Blockchain
Standard ICO Report Structure:
- Part 1: ICO Analysis (What is it about? What is the ICO intending to do? Describes what the platform is.)
- Part 2: CROWDSALE ANALYSIS – DETAILS & TOKEN SUPPLY
- Part 3: Useful Links (Further Research)
Part 1: ICO Analysis
Tapping into the A2P SMS market which is estimated to be worth about 56 billion USD, is something of viable potential and is probably the reason why some decentralized platforms have pre-bought into the BirdChain’s idea of monetizing the extra SMS allocation which often otherwise go unused. They have speculated that this market is will most likely increase astronomically within a decade from the last assessment.
What is the project about?
People nowadays no longer send SMS like before; in fact, they spend more time on IM apps and social media platforms and hence this creates an undervalued ‘mine’ of SMS allocated to these users. The problem is that there are companies who want these SMS and can’t get enough of them, and on the other hand there are mobile users who have this hidden treasures and are unware of their existence and potential to make them extra cash.
Birdchain has created a decentralized application that will be compatible with the android OS. The app is an instant messaging app which will provider owners of unused SMS to create a stream of income from this end. Moreover, they have added some tweaked features as in-app contents that could help the users of their application get more value from their mobile experiences such as watching promotional videos and also selling their personal data to whomever may be interested.
It’s becoming a common practice for top corporations to seek out data, including big data that relates to personal interest of their interest groups, to better associate with their product and help enhance their outputs. Often times, most applications send out personal data of clients without authorization and even when authorized, the owner of such data isn’t compensated. BirdChain has come up with an idea for the owners of such data to monetize their personal data and determine what aspects of the data they want to share with the interested companies.
How the platform works
The process to start earning BIRD coin is quite simple. The interested user can simply download the app from the website or the app store and after setting it up, they simply have to allot the amount of SMS data they want to sell. From here on, the app works on the background and through smart contracts established by the app protocol, the sale is automated and users of the app need not worry about how the funds will be transacted, as the funds will be sent directly to their BirdChain wallet on the app.
After having a considerable amount of experience in the A2P market, the BirdChain team have an understanding of how things work in that terrain and are confident that blockchain technology can provide answers and solutions inherent problems such as lack of transparency, huge centralization of the industry, and transaction speed – all of which blockchain provides exclusive solutions to.
Part 2: Crowdsale Analysis – Details & Token Supply
The team wants to conduct a crowd sale for the project to raise funds for development purposes. So far, they have achieved their soft cap which was set at 1,500 ETH and this was done in just under 35 hours; which invariably implies that they have the support of the community in carrying out the project. The other part of the crowd sale continues until either 10,500 ETH has been raised or they reach the end of the date set which is the 31st of May 2018.
The BIRD token represents a transactional utility among members of the BirdChain community through the usage of the mobile app.
Total Token Supply: 580,263,158 BIRDs
Token Type: Ethereum ERC-20
Token Distribution and Usage:
Total ICO distribution 441,000,000
Team and founders 52,223,684
Corporate contributors and other expenses 87,039,474
ICO Sale Phase: March 1 – May 31, 2018
Token Price: 1 ETH = 42 000 BIRDs
Team Overview- Members and Advisers
- Ernestas Petkevicius (Founder): 16 years in business development
- Aurimas Sabaitis (Founder): 16 years as it engineer
- Audrius Vrubliauskas (CEO): 10 years in marketing
- Marius Petrauskas (Manager): 9 years in PR & marketing
- Joao Martins (V.P of Business Development): 14 years in business development
- Darius Miliauskas (Senior Developer): 14 years as developer
- Jonas Valeisa (Key Account Manager): 14 years in business development
- Arminas Keraitis (Lead Developer): 7 years in web development
- Alisher Gafurov (Back-End Developer): 13 years in software development
- Simonas J. Radkevicius (Marketing Manager): 4 years in marketing
- Martynas Rackauskas (UI/UX Designer)
- Aiste Surutkoviciute (Web Designer)
- Zygimantas Vanagas (Full Stack Developer)
- Tomas Vitkauskas (Front-End Developer)
- Kristina Mataciunaite (Marketing Specialist)
- Gabriele Brazinskaite (Manager)
- Zygimantas Zilevicius (Developer)
- Vitalija Praneviciute (Product Manager)
- Virginija Juodyte (Head of Administration)
- Toma Smolskyte (Office & Accounting Administrator)
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORS TEAM
- Anatoly Ressin (Blockchain Advisor): 20 years in it, 3 years in blockchain
- David A. Cohen (Business Development & Technology Research Advisor): 24 years in business development
- Andreas Petrow (Fintech & Business Development Advisor): 7 years in investor relations
- Rob Eijgenraam (Marketing Advisor): 12 years in marketing
- Paulius Petretis (Security Advisor): 17 years in it security
Part 3: Useful Links (Further Research)
- Website: https://www.birdchain.io/
- Whitepaper: https://github.com/Birdchain/whitepaper-business
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/birdchain.io
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2250824.0
- Telegram: https://t.me/birdchainchat
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/birdchain_io
- Medium: https://medium.com/@birdchain_io`
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/birdchain
- GitHub: https://github.com/Birdchain/birdchain
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/25058745/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1y4z64J8G4Qaf6Pifed9Xg